Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Garbled Transmit Audio

Options

Hi,

I sent the message below directly to Marcus. Wondering if others have experienced this too?

Marcus,

It seems the transmit audio starts out OK but the longer I transmit the transmit audio gets more garbled and distorted when listening to myself on another radio.  I’ve tried small and large buffer sizes along with various mic gain settings. I always keep the mic threshold at 0 since that always makes the transmit audio sound bad. Any Ideas?

And this was his reply to me:

Many thanks David,

I am currently working on a few changes regarding Audio and hope to address this as well.

Again, many thanks for letting me know.

Marcus, DL8MRE

Comments

• NA7AA Tom
    NA7AA Tom Member ✭✭
    Options

It’s was reported to me as well. My transmit audio was clipping. Though I was just running the mic gain too hot. All ok on Flex Windows SmartSDR

• David Holmgren
    Options

Per Marcus's suggestion I'm sharing an idea here,

I just bought a Yeti X (Their newest mic) to use with the Smart SDR software on my Mac. BTW this works on the PC version too. What’s nice about only this Yeti mic is that it works with the Blue Voice software from Logitech and offers controls to tailor the way your voice sounds on transmit. The best part of this software is they offer an expander/gate and noise reduction feature to mimic the DEXP button that doesn’t work on the Smart SDR software when used on a computer. The DEXP button only works on a non-USB mic connected directly to the radio. For those not familiar with the DEXP, it silences that background roar on your transmitted voice when you're not speaking. So basically it's a gate when you stop speaking. Once again to be very clear The Blue Voce software that connects through the Logitech GHub only works on the latest Yeti, the Yeti X. If you buy any other Yeti the software won't work.

See the screen shot. I highly recommend this mic.

David

K9AT

• K3DCW
    K3DCW Member ✭✭
    Options

Check out the new update, v1.4.1, to see if it solves your sound issues. It is now available in the App Store.

• David Holmgren
    Options

I just did as I received an email from Marcus. It's fixed!!!!

Thanks Marcus. I now sound the way a Flex should sound.

David