Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Question regarding the maestro

[{"insert":"Just got my 6600 and a maestro unit today i’m using cat5 cable to link both of them to my network everything work properly except if I detach the maestro from the cat5 cable and the power supply The maestro unit doesn’t connect anymore to the radio \nDo I need a pc computer between or the maestro can work wirelessly on battery independently ?\nthanks for your support \n"}]

Comments

• Lee, N2LC
    Lee, N2LC Member ✭✭

Hi Laurent,

You don't need a computer but you do need power. When Maestro is operated on battery power, the wired Ethernet port is disabled. If you pull the network cable, you'll be on wireless; did you already set up Maestro to your wireless network?

Also, the internal battery isn't going to last long at all. See some of the discussions on here for options.

Lots of knowledge and help on here. Enjoy your new kit!

Lee, N2LC

• [{"insert":"Thank you for you advise \nI went to the regular process and my maestro is working properly when is attach to the radio \nis there a set up on the maestro that you have to do to connect on your wireless network ?\n"}]
  • [{"insert":"I’m getting the following msg \n"}]
  • Lee, N2LC
    Lee, N2LC Member ✭✭

Yes, you'll need to set up the Maestro similar to how you would set up most any other device to get onto your LAN - find the network, select it, put in the password.

From the User Guide:

A Wi-Fi(wireless) connection using the built-in wireless adapter. On start-up, Maestro will attempt to make a Wi-Fi connection using information from earlier sessions, or if no recognized network is available, Maestro will present the Choose a Wi-Fi Network screen showing available networks. Select a network by tapping its name, then tapping the Connect button. You may be required to enter a password to access the network.

So if you haven't set it up, it should boot up to a dialog box for you to choose the wireless network, (select yours), and enter your network password. That should be all there is to it. If it doesn't do that, tap Menu button, tap Network, (select yours), enter your network password, and... Voila!

The message you tried to show us didn't make it through.

The User Guide is on the Flexradio.com website:

Lee, N2LC

• Lee, N2LC
    Lee, N2LC Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020

Yes, you'll need to set up the Maestro similar to how you would set up most any other device to get onto your LAN - find the network, select it, put in the password.

From the User Guide:

A Wi-Fi(wireless) connection using the built-in wireless adapter. On start-up, Maestro will attempt to make a Wi-Fi connection using information from earlier sessions, or if no recognized network is available, Maestro will present the Choose a Wi-Fi Network screen showing available networks. Select a network by tapping its name, then tapping the Connect button. You may be required to enter a password to access the network.

So if you haven't set it up, it should boot up to a dialog box for you to choose the network, and enter its password. That should be all there is to it. If it doesn't do that, tap Menu button, look for Network, and go in there and do it that way.

The message you tried to show us didn't make it through.

The User Guide is on the Flexradio.com website:

Lee, N2LC

• Lee, N2LC
    Lee, N2LC Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020

Disregard. **** post.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.