Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Borrowed 6400

I have borrowed a 6400 from a friend. He can't recall his login credentials nor his version of the software. I have updated it to v3.1.12. I hope it won't be a problem if I have to go backwards. But I can't use it. It wants me to buy the software. Is there anything I can do before we get it reset?

Ed KA9EES

Comments

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    I can see I should have read the release notes...
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited August 2020

Install version 2.6.2 and use that. The radio is probably only licensed for version 2. When you install 2.6.2 and click on SmartSDR it will want to "upgrade" then ask if you are sure you want to downgrade. Select Yes and then after downgrade you should be good to go. Also, delete the 3.1.12 shortcuts from your desktop so you don't inadvertently run the wrong version software.

Dave wo2x

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Worked like a charm! Thanks a bunch David!

Ed KA9EES
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

You're welcome!

Have fun playing with the radio. You will love it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.