Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR CAT 3.1.12 Requires FlexVSP service to be installed. Assistance Needed

I just installed SmartSDR 3.1.12 on my pc to control a new to me 6600.

SmartSDR and DAX run fine, however, SmartSDR CAT will not start.

At first I had the following error

I opened a help ticket and received the instructions on how to uninstall and reinstall FlexVSp. After that I no longer get the above error but I now get this error

I did have Win4K3Suite with COM0COM virtual ports installed. I uninstalled both (Fully uninstalled I hope). I was using this to get a panadpater with my K3S/RSP1A combo.

I've reported this via my help ticket but was hoping to get some ideas over the weekend so I can get it resolved. I have uninstalled and reinstalled FlexVSp a couple times as well as running repair.

Any ideas? I'm running 3.1.12.

Thanks

Rich - N5ZC

Comments

• Rich - N5ZC
    Rich - N5ZC Member ✭✭

It never fails. I can't fix something, but as soon as I post the problem to the community, it gets fixed.

This is what I did this time:

I attempted to start CAT, which failed

I then repaired FlexVSP

I then started CAT, and it started this time.

Now when I shutdown SmartSDR and restart SmartSDR, CAT starts.

I have no idea what the problem was, but it works now. I'll mark it down as a victory.

Rich - N5ZC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.