Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

direct connecting Maestro and 6400

Options
Trying to troubleshoot birdie problem and eliminating network switches. When attempting to directly connect Maestro to 6400 with CAT cable, only the two slice meters and Menu comes up. I have tried rebooting both devices several times with the same results. Do I need a special CAT cable to directly connect?

Comments

• W4POT
    W4POT Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    You are using a network cable plugged into the Ethernet jacks on each device?
    I haven't connected mine directly so I don't know if a crossover cable is required or if the ports automatically sense this and auto MDI-X. Do you have a switch or hub to place in the middle? That would remove the need for auto MDI-X.
  • Jeff AA0ST
    Jeff AA0ST Member ✭✭
    Options
    The Maestro manual page 7 says you can connect directly or though a switch:

4.2 NETWORK CONNECTION
    Maestro requires a network connection to your FLEX-6000 radio. This connection can take one of
    two forms:
    • A wired connection using the RJ-45 Ethernet port on the back of the Maestro. This
    connection can take two forms
    o A direct connection with a single wire, one end plugged into the Maestro, the other
    end plugged into the FLEX-6000 transceiver. In this configuration, the Maestro and
    the radio set up a two-node ad hoc network and communicate across it.
    o An indirect connection through a Local Area Network switch. Many configurations
    are possible, but typically the Maestro is connected to a 100/1000 BaseT port on the
    switch, and the FLEX-6000 transceiver is connected to a similar port. A third agent,
    such as an ISP supplied router-modem provides IP addresses to the network
    components via a DHCP service.

So I would guess not only reboot but try removing power from both, then reboot and connect together. I ran directly connected for months before my amp arrived and was hesitant to add the switch, but all thee play together nicely.

Hope this helps

Jeff
    AA0ST
  • K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.