Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

field day 2020, all Flex Station! Wow!

Options
K2CM
K2CM Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Amateur Radio Interests
Did my first field day with my Flex 6400M and the Power Genius amp.  I used a PalStar automatic tuner to complete the station.

Performance was phenomenal.  While 20M was a nightmare, we were able to make a respectable number of contacts on phone in about 7 hours of operation.  I had two grandkids helping me, which made it even more fun.  The PalStar auto tuner was a real complement.  I set it up to switch antennas for different bands.  

The Power Genius amp is beyond belief.  No tuning, nothing to do.  Set the power level of the Flex to the level you want, and operate!  If you get into a high-swr condition, it tells you (in big red letters) so you can correct the issue.

We were restricted to work at home this year....worked out well.

K2CM, George

Comments

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Similar setup here, but a Flex-6700 and two HF-AUTO ATU's, one connected to each port of my PG-XL.  Using W1TR's HFAUTO software helped.
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I ran a FlexiCraft Field Day station from my camper in the mountains this year. A Flex 6400 to a KPA 500 to a KAT 500 to a 150 ft inverted vee up 40 ft. My buddy Dave, KG0EW, was a few hundred feet away running a 6400 barefoot. We were able to run simultaneously on the same bands with very little mutual interference. These rigs are amazing! 73, Len, KD0RC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.