Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Lost transmit profiles

Francesco Doenz
Francesco Doenz Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Started using and creating profiles....when creating transmit profiles, saving them by clicking on create, and exporting them, if I shut down smartsdr and open it again, the transmit profiles are gone, and importing the saved ones does not change anything....the global profiles are not lost, only the transmit part of the profiles....what could I be doing wrong??
Many thanks for your inputs!!
Experimenting I notice that the transmit profiles are only lost if I shut down the radio itself, not if I shut down the smartsdr software alone!!!

Answers

• Francesco Doenz
    edited June 2020
    Would be nice to know if the lost transmit profiles problem is due to a bug or to user mishandling...just to avoid spending hours and days trying to find the error....!!!
  • Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    same here and it still happens even after a new factory SDcard. Pretty certain something is wrong with the save/load option on TX profiles.

Francesco do you shut down the radio using the green button on the front of the radio, or just cut the power to it?   I am experimenting with both ways in case there is a problem with some data not being flushed to the SDcard before the radio loses power. Not conclusive yet.

• Francesco Doenz
    edited June 2020
    I shut it down using the green button on the front side, never the power before having pushed and shut down with the green button! Being a greenhorn, I of course suspect it's my fault, but it's sure that the profiles are a little bit tricky if you look at the number of people posting about saving the profiles and loosing them....I hope with coming upgrades it will be simplified!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.