Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW Skimmer decoding capacity creeps up to 100%

WK2Y
WK2Y Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Third-Party Software
I don't think this is related to SmartSDR or the Flex, but I notice that when I use CW Skimmer that over time, even if I just leave it sitting, the "Decoding Capacity Used" (little icon on the bottom) creeps up to 100%. When it get's there decoding gets scrambled.    Is there anyway to reset it or do I need I need to look at some settings somewhere?
Thanks and 73,
Bob 

Answers

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I am running Win 64 bit, 2.9ghz  (4.1 turbo) i5 9th generation, 6 core processor 16 gb of ram on  a gaming motherboard, PC I built myself with programs like SSDR and CWSkimmer in mind. But in spite of what should be more then enough horse power, I still have CWSkimmer issues. If I have or have had either Google Chrome or Firefox running and start  CWSKimmer with SSDR already running, 99% of the time the decoder indicator at the bottom of CWSKimmer will show red and there will be no decoding. So typically if I plan to use CWSKimmer, I will do a PC restart and then start Skimmmer and all is fine. I start CWSKimmer  using Slicemaster. I have asked both the author of CWSKimmer and Slicemaster about this problem and neither are quite sure what is causing this- they feel it is more of a Windows/browser related.

Paul w2eck

• WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks.  I think I'll experiment and try not running a browser or anything else and see what happens with just CW Skimmer .

BTW, I finally had to give up on SliceMaster to start running CW Skimmer.  I think my issue was starting with mismatched specs, e.g., IQ speed, channel or slice.  Seems like once you get off on the wrong foot, it's hard to get things started. I've been using SDR Bridge which at least lets you see if the channel is streaming and what slice it is on.  Issues still arise if you try and change channels or slices, at least for me.  

Thanks for the feedback.  Stay safe, stay healthy.
    Bob, WK2Y

• Mika Rintala
    Mika Rintala Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have seen this too. Even I am running 6 core i7 8850. Normally Cw skimmer show 20% load, but sometimes it is static 100%. Processor load is still pretty low. When this happend, I boot the PC.
    Mika/OH6MR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.