Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MultiFlex for Multi Op - any way to avoid delay from PC Audio and MIC?

Options
Tonno Vahk
Tonno Vahk Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Using SmartSDR and PC Audio either in LAN or over Smartlink introduces significant delay which makes serious contesting very hard or impossible. I would like to use 6600M for 2 operators in MS setup in one room. I can connect the MIC, PHONES, PTT and KEY for Op A directly to the radio and define that client for Local PTT. That works OK. But OP B is forced to use his PC MIC and Audio for his Smart SDR connection and that makes things problematic.

The obvious issue is that DAX and MIC can not be used at the same time so he has no way to use voice keyer.

But more problematic is the audio delay of ca 1 second or more perhaps that comes into audio and that makes serious operation quite impossible. 

Flex itself and audio from radio also has a small delay which is disturbing but can be lived with.

I am thinking if there is any way to solve this. Would it be possible to take Audio of the Client B also directly from the radio somehow? Can ACC connector be allocated some pins to create "local ptt 2" or MIC/AUDIO inputs/outputs (and PTT/KEY also) for client B? They are in the same room and would very much like to connect to the same radio not through PC (connecting paddle is another problem through PC).

Flex guys, is this theoretically doable?? Currently the vision I had (and I hope you had when designing this) to be able to use MultiFlex in contest is not fulfilled for serious contest stations.

Tonno
ES5TV

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.