Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Strange FT-8 problem after SDR v2.62 update

John Becker, K9MM
John Becker, K9MM Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Third-Party Software
I'm using a 6600M and this occurred a few days after I updated both the radio and the SDR software to v2.62. I got a report of having a bad signal on 6M FT-8. I was told that my main signal was OK, but that it was accompanied by a 3kHz wide noise floor at about -30dB. I was not over-driving the radio, and reducing the drive had no effect. I tried stopping and re-starting the DAX TX streaming, which also had no effect. I shut down the SDR software, WSJT-X, and Slice Master, and then attempted to power down the radio. After a few seconds, the radio power switch went dark, but the display was still lit up and showing I was still connected to my computer. I unplugged the power cable from the radio for 30 seconds and then re-connected it. Then, I was able to start the radio normally, and after re-starting the SDR program, Slice Master, and WSJT-X, the problem was gone.

Comments

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Sounds like you didn't do a restart after updating your radio etc, until it didn't work...

• jim
    jim Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    l'm using ver 2.6.1 and I sometimes have the same problem.  All I have to do is shut down SDR and 
    restart the program. The problem is cleared. Don't have to do anything else. I do not use Slice Master. No use for it here.
    Jim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.