Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PTT problem with my PGXL

ka7gzr
ka7gzr Member ✭✭

Hello!

I interfaced my 6700 to my PGXL via the A channel and LAN PTT.  It took only 10 minutes. Truly plug and play!
Now my problem. I am trying to interface my Icom IC-7850 to the PGXL. I am using the "B" channel. The PGXL reads the Band and Frequency from the 7850 just fine but doesn't see the analog PTT from the 7850. I have measured the PTT from the reed switch of the 7850 and it is providing a ground.
Thoughts? 

Comments

• Wayne Schonfeld
    Wayne Schonfeld Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Make sure it's in the PTT for the "b" and the input PTT NOT the output.  Should work
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Wayne
     The layout on the back of the PGXL is somewhat confusing. I triple check it after I make a change.
    Thanks,
    Jim
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Wayne,
    I checked it a 4th time and you hit it on the head! I was on the output of the PGXL channel B PTT. I moved to the PTT input and it keys now.
    Thanks a lot. I owe you one...
    Jim   
  • Wayne Schonfeld
    Wayne Schonfeld Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Happy to help.  I had a lot of trouble hooking my ICOM 7610 to this linear and someone on the community helped me.  Glad it was that simple.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.