Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

demi/q5 transverter

Menno PC4C
Menno PC4C Member
He all

I am planning to buy a new transverter,
I'm currently use a transverter-store one but it drift all over the place on ssb/digi modes.

Got my eye on a demi/Q5 transverter (can get a db6nt/kunhe electronics one but the prices are much higher).

What options can you recommend (common if and such).

Still need to figure out shipping cost and import tax (shipping to The Netherlands)

Or if you have a recommendation for another brand please let me now.

Ps. i'm running a flex 6600

Best 73's
Menno PC4C

Answers

• Dwayne_AB6A
    Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I use Q5. Kuhne are local to you but their transverters are high end/expensive: https://shop.kuhne-electronic.com/kuhne/en/shop/amateur-radio/converter-transverte/transverter/

It may be still worth calling them to see if they can point you at another local manufacturer.
  • Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Menno--I use 2 25 watt Q5's with my 6600 (2M and 70CM) that were ordered with these options/settings:

- IF Configuration: Common IF
      - RF Configuration: Common RF
      - IF Drive Level: -20dBm to 0dBm
      - PTT Polarity: Low (GND)
      - Local Oscillator Stability: Standard
      - Custom IF: Standard IF - 28MHz

I hope that helps.

Rick WR0H
  • David - KO1C
    David - KO1C Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    When I got my Q5 150 watt 2 meter transverter, I emailed Corey first. He's quick to respond and most helpful in helping to order the right transverter options.

I love it, all modes are available across the 2 meter band (be sure to consult band plans in your area).

David KO1C

• Dwayne_AB6A
    Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Here are my configurations:

144MHz 50W Transverter  
      - IF Drive Level: 0dBm to +20dBm 
    432MHz 50W Transverter  
      - IF Drive Level: 0dBm to +20dBm 
      - Filter Tuning: Wideband 430 - 450MHz

Interesting to note that Rick and my drive levels are different.
    - Mine maps to 100% RF Power on Flex to 100% on Transverter.
    - I received my configuration from another Flex owner about 6 weeks ago. 
    - I ran the configuration by Cory and he said it was fine for a Flex.
  • John Swink
    John Swink Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Late in 2018 I purchased a Flex-6600, 3 transverters from Q5 for 144, 222 & 432 MHz, and a 1296 MHz transverter from DEMI.  These transverters provide 25-30 watts output, have common IF & RF, 28 MHz IF and PTT-Low.  I also ordered the wide band option (430-450 MHz) for the 432 MHz transverter for operation on the FM portion of the band.  These replaced a Flex-5000 and a Yaesu FT-736R.   Corey at Q5 explained my options and responded promptly to my questions.  These transverters have proven reliable and very stable and integrate well with the Flex-6600.  I am very satisfied with the Q5 products and company.

I connected the 144 transverter to XVT-A & TX2.  The other 3 transverters were connected to XVT-B and TX3 with a home brew switch.  This allows me to monitor 144 MHz on one slice for coordination in running the other bands on a second slice.

Q5 has released a transverter with 5 bands (144, 222, 432, 902 & 1296 MHz) in one box, which would likely be perfect for someone that wanted to operate on all these bands.  However, this would likely not be a good option for you as I don't believe the 222 & 902 bands are available in your area.

John, N8WNA

• Menno PC4C
    Menno PC4C Member
    edited May 2020
    He everyone.

Thanks for the advice.

I will drop a mail to Corry @ q5 to see what my options are.

John N8WNA

You are right we do not have to 220 and 904 mhz so the multiband model is not what i was looking for.
    A just 2mtr and 70cm band one wood be nice HI

73's
    Menno

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.