Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SO2R + CW Sidetone

Options
Hi !

I´m working with SO2R (6600M) set up and all works ok, but i can not mute sidetone. 

If I uncheck sidetone or septup to cero on TX1 and then TX2 it works at first transmission but when i change to the other slice, sidetone it is automatically marked and sound very loud. 

-Uncheck sidetone doesn´t work.
-Setup to cero doesn´t work.

When i work with just one slice it is no problem, i can do some changes and works, but not when SO2Rdefault it is selected on profile.

What im missing about  ? 
Many thanks in advance.

Answers

• Al Dewey
    Al Dewey Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Juan - I never noticed that on my 6600M but, now that I look a little closer, I see that you are right.  I usually have the side tone level turned way down so it does not bother me to hear it when I am trying to copy the second radio.   I use N1MM+ for logging.  If the sidetone on the second radio is bothering me, I just hit the ~ key to temporarily mute the audio on the second radio.

I'll be interested to see if anyone has an answer for you.

Al, k0AD
  • Juan EA8RM (aka EF8R)
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hello Al, thanks for your answer. 

Yes i´m also using N1MM last version  1.0.8397.0 and Flex 3.1.8.145

The main problem there for me, when I try to operate 2BSIQ, the sidetone it is too loud.

Using the ~ key i can mute one slice but when i unmute the slice i hear gain the sidetone.
    Actually, always you´re listening both slices, (A and B on each ears), when you TX there it is a very loud sidetone which you don't need to listen.

Till now i used 2 radios and Microham MK2R+ with the next scenarios:
    -When TX on A i just can hear B in both ears .
    -When TX on B i just can hear A in both ears.
    -When i´m on RX on A and B i can use  ~  to focus only on A (both ears), only on B (both ears) or A+B
    This works perfectly because you can be focused on the RX.

I´m sure it is possible to do it with 6600M, probably i´m doing something wrong or maybe it is there any bug somewhere (flex version or N1MM version)  

Any ideas  ? :)

TNX 73 

• Juan EA8RM (aka EF8R)
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hello !.   I found the solution. 

Well, after 2 complete days fighting with this, I found the problem. First of all I updated 6600M to 3.1.12.51 and N1MM to 1.0.8408.0. And I finally realized I need to use some macros that with the MK2R were not necessary.

Now it is working good, but i still need do some improvements. This is what i did.
    (probably in the future someone  needs this information)

>>I unchecked options:  
    -Focus on the other radio
    -FocusOther Always Swap

>>Include some macros i didn't need before:
    ###################
    #   RUN Messages
    ###################
    F1 Cq,test {MYCALL}{OTRSPOTHER RX}{END}{STEREOON}    
    F2 Exch,5nn >>{EXCH}<< {OTRSPOTHER RX}{END}{STEREOON}

Thats all. Many thanks. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.