Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart SDR Mapping with shuttle pro v2 ,so you can tx radio and other controlson smart sdr

Options
G3XFA-Rob
G3XFA-Rob Member ✭✭
I have a flex 6600, I would like to use the shuttle pro v2 , is there any mapping settings out there so I  can tx my radio with the shuttle pro and other things using Smartsdr software. (windows)

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Rob,
      SmartSDR does not have keyboard input shortcuts, which prevents directly using the ShuttlePro with SSDR.  However FRStacks interfaces with the radio and does have a means of taking keyboard & ShuttlePro  generated key inputs.   The buttons work but I have not been able to achieve satisfactory knob control.

see http://www.mkcmsoftware.com/Flex/Index

AL, K0VM
  • Darryl
    Darryl Member ✭✭
    Options

This is an old thread, but thought I would add to it anyway.

I purchased a Contour Designs Shuttle Pro V2 and, using FRStacks, have it working very well with my Flex-6300.

Commands include a VFO knob (up going when turned CW and down going CCW) , a shuttle jog wheel that also moves the VFO Up/DN at accelerating rates depending upon amount of jog wheel roration (like an old FT-1000 MP jog wheel).

Other controls I've added include filter width (wider or narrower), volume u/d, mute speaker, binaural audio, mono audio, mode buttons for LSB,USB,CW,AM, tune, ANF, AGC, split and lock. This is a work in process so don't know if I'll stick with these or change them. All commands are easily changeable.

A helpful hint - when assigning keys in FR Stacks key editor, use "Alt + Ctrl + A through Z" as these keys are not used as Windows shortcuts and won't mess up any existing programs.

Contact me if you have questions. I'm good in QRZ.

Darryl

K0GV

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.