Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to uninstall multiple previous versions

W8ASA
W8ASA Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have 2.6.0, 3.0.27, 3.1.8 and 3.1.12 installed on my computer. I only want to keep the latest version. How do I install the oldest three versions without messing up DAX and CAT?

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2020
    When you run the uninstall process (Using the Add and Remove Programs applet), you re prompted about DAX.  If you want to keep DAX, answer YES.  Then complete the uninstallation.  Since you are not uninstalling DAX, you do not have to reboot the PC at the end of the process when prompted.
  • W8ASA
    W8ASA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thanks, Tim.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    You have the pc based uninstall or go to where the app files reside and there is a uninstall program.  But you need to do them one at a time.  The first uninstall will ask you if you want to uninstall the DAX and CAT routines.  I normally do it, but if you have already installed 3.1.12, then leave them installed. If not clean it all out.  When you do the next version uninstall it will skip the DAX/CAT part as it was done on first uninstall.  In the end install the newest version if DAX/CAT not present the new version will install a fresh clean version.  Uninstall all is the best so that all software is fresh.   Hope that helps, just did the same on mine.  Now I have a nice pc maintainer program that does the uninstalling and makes sure all data and files are deleted.  But it also keeps your registry clean and excess data files under control. Not trying to sell a program but it works well and there are others on the market.  It is called “Clean My PC” it has really improved the stability of my PC.  Good luck....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.