Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Battery pack slow auto-start

Paul - KB5MU
Paul - KB5MU Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in Maestro
I have a Ruipo 25000 mAh battery pack that fits snugly in the Maestro battery compartment. It does have an auto-start feature (where it turns on the voltage when it detects a load) but it doesn't seem to respond rapidly enough to satisfy the Maestro. With a meter between the battery pack and the Maestro, I can see the behavior. When I turn on the Maestro, the voltage at the battery pack flickers on briefly, but then shuts off again. The Maestro continues to turn on with the internal battery, but never again presents enough load to the battery pack to turn it on. If I open the battery compartment and press the button on the battery pack, it comes on and takes over the load for the Maestro.

Can the Maestro's timing for battery pack auto-start be relaxed to mitigate this problem?

-Paul KB5MU

Comments

• VE3DZP
    VE3DZP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I think sticking to the recommended  MOGIX battery pack would avoid your problem.
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Buy a Mogix. Here's a link ($29.95 now 15% off with popup coupon.
    https://www.imogix.com/products/exter...

It's the only battery with 2.5A capacity. I have 2 of them and they last longer the 3 other brands I own.
    Back a few years they were $120, I bought mine for $15 each. They have sales all the time. It's worth the price.
  • Paul - KB5MU
    Paul - KB5MU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I have a Mogix battery on order, but the Maestro should still work with as many batteries as possible.

The Ruipo has a (claimed) capacity of 25000 mAh, 2.4 times the (claimed) capacity of the Mogix. If those numbers are any indication, switching to the Mogix would be a big compromise.

• BD7MYM
    BD7MYM Member
    edited May 2020
    There are many battery options. I used YOOBAO 10000mAH before, which is very cheap. I recently found a HUAWEI 12000mAH, which can be customized, which is more expensive. very beautiful

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.