Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Mic clip?

Ian1
Ian1 Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in Maestro
Anyone using the Flex hand Mic I have the FH3 if so do you attach it to the Maestro via a clip?

I'm asking this because I sometimes take it to the race track and between sessions let it run remote. The FH3 Mic lays on a work table besides Maestro.

It sure would be nice to be able to pick up the Maestro with Mic attached and relocate it with ease. Has anyone figured out a clip location or any solution to ease transporting it.

I'm not a fan of connecting the RJ45 constantly as eventually they fail. Hence my draw full of spares and tools to replace them.

Last......... PLZ dont tell me to use a desk Mic

Ian
KM4CQG

Answers

• Pat_W5WTH
    Pat_W5WTH Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hmmmm, this seems like a perfect problem for my 3D Printer......
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Funny u mention that my son just ordered one.  Seems like someone other then me needs this part.

Ian
  • Pat_W5WTH
    Pat_W5WTH Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Do you have any thoughts on where/how you would want the mic to mount?

Seems like it could be an easy mod to this existing design: 
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2511088
  • KP4TR
    KP4TR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    How about a magnet?
  • Pat_W5WTH
    Pat_W5WTH Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    You can't 3D print a magnet!   ;)
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I have the optional tilt base on the Maestro probably a L Bracket with the Mic Clip facing left.

This way it would not interfere with the handle.

Ian

• Bill N3HQB
    Bill N3HQB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I use one of those plastic mic hangers with the adhesive back.  You can find them at hamfests (remember them?) or CB vendors.  Mine is attached to the back of the Maestro.  They come in black or white.
  • Mike Smoot
    Mike Smoot Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I used a Motorola-style mic hanger that has mounting contact surfaces on both ends - normally for sheet metal screws into the dash or radio mount. Instead of screws (!) I used two of the smaller 3-M mounting pads that have pull tabs for clean removal.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.