Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Frequency entry crash

Andrew Rodland
Andrew Rodland Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Maestro
I've had this happen two or three times in the month or so I've had my 6400M.

Using the front panel, I will tap on the slice info (usually the frequency) to open up the overlay, and then go to tap on a band or mode button. But before I can do that, the onscreen keyboard unexpectedly pops up, and my finger lands on a letter! That letter gets inserted into the middle of the frequency, and then a moment later, the front panel crashes, probably because "14.0g74" isn't a very reasonable frequency.

It's pretty annoying to wait for the reboot when this happens. It would be nice if you fixed the unexpected keyboard popup, and doubly nice if you protected that frequency control against non-numerics :)

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I wonder if you are touching just a little spot that makes it think you want the keyboard displayed. What some do is us a stylus so to pinpoint the part of the screen better?
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Incorrect entry should not make the radio crash.....Andrew has a valid concern.  Incidental contact should not be considered the issue,  what the computer does is.  I hope Flex has a list of issues that cause crashes.  Mine is when SmartSDR is turned off prematurely by third party app, it will cause the radio to lock up. Which requires a hard shutdown and restart. The last version release has gone a long way to improve stability, but my crash condition still happens.  If SmartSDR crashes, for what ever reasons, loss of ethernet connection can cause a lockup type crash.  Software is a complicated thing and almost impossible to test for every variation.  So my comments are not a complaint but just a plea to raise these type of problems to a higher level.   Some problems only happen occasionally, but should be seen for there severity.  Just some thoughts......not a criticism of Flex!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.