Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

API Question

Options
Phil K9UC
Phil K9UC Member
I am working in a small application to monitor and control several parameters on my 6600M.  I'm using C# and Visual Studio 2019.  I've been successful in setting up event handlers to monitor property changes on the active slice and panadapter , and I have been able to control /monitor properties associated with the active slice, like selection of the TX and RX antennas, frequency, etc.  My problem is in trying to get and set RFGain, which is associated with the Panadapter class of the API.  My code successfully detects the change of this parameter if I change it from the front panel of the radio, but I can't figure out how to read the changed value, or change the setting myself.  I've had no problem getting and setting properties in the Slice class using:

_thisRadio.ActiveSlice.RXAnt = "ANT1";  for example,

but I'm not clear how to reference the Panadapter associated with the ActiveSlice.

Most of my code is based on the example code found elsewhere in this community, but I am a rookie C#'er, so I am very likely missing something simple.

Thanks and 73,

Phil  K9UC

Answers

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hi Phll,

You should be able to reference it like this:

Radio.ActiveSlice.Panadapter

• Phil K9UC
    Phil K9UC Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    That did it.  I could have sworn that I tried that combination of terms; heck, I tried about every other thing.  I guess sometimes the most obvious things are the hardest to see.

Again, thanks Mark!
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    No worries.  That is what this community is for.  We help each other find the obvious sometimes!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.