Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Contesting with Flex6600 and PGXL experience

2»

Comments

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

Not much news. I submitted ticket a while ago and we played with CW delay, left it around 200.

Issue with N1mm is still there and it is intermittent

Sergey

• Ignacy
    Ignacy Member ✭✭

In contesting with 6600 and 2k-fa, I had multiple freezes with 3.1.8 or 12. Often CW or SSB memories stopped working and occasionally the radio was stuck in TX.

I worked in the last CQ WPX CW using 3.2.39. Remarkably clean. No freeze, no memory stopping, only occasionally radio stuck in TX but coming back after a dit. The radio stuck in transmit occurs with PTT via software, not hardware. But with the hardware PTT the ESC key has a 0.5 s delay; no delay with software PTT.

So it looks that the crashes were due to now corrected bugs in SmartSDR!

Ignacy, NO9E

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Also there is lower latency both locally and via SmartLink. The internal changes that lowered the latency may be why external programs such as N1MM+ are working better.

I worked CQ WPX CW using N1MM+ macros exclusively using 6600m, PG XL and not one lockup or clipped character in over 600 S & P contacts (not much of a CW guy). I use 20 ms TX delay and QSK is disabled. Speed in N1MM+ was set to 28 WPM.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.