Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is there a way to lock slice frequency but let 3rd party programs control that same frequency?

Options
Ross (KE4BCN)
Ross (KE4BCN) Member
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
This is my first Flex Radio which I have owned for only about 2 months. When using smartsdr 3.1.8 is there a way to lock slice frequency so it does not get changed by accident but still lets 3rd party apps to control the slice frequency? Example when I use the lock slice frequency it does exactly what it say.  If a am running FT8 on 40m and want to switch to 20 meters I have to unlock slice to change frequency. On the other non flex rigs I owned you could do that. I love my 6400m but have a lot to learn. It's hard to search through 6 years similar questions. Thanks.

Answers

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Ross

i have 6600M...
    and
    on the front panel between the vfo A and vfo B knobs there is a button that does exactly that...called  LOCK A and LOCK B

i assume the same feature exist with  Maestro
    BUT
    i do not know if such a feature exist in window ssdr....
    i use the front panel more than i do ssdr

Paul K3SF
  • VE3DZP
    VE3DZP Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Ross I just tried it on my 6400M and would say the answer is NO.
  • Ross (KE4BCN)
    Ross (KE4BCN) Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Thanks Paul for your input. What I was referring to is that on the non flex radios I have owned you could disable the vfo knob like you said with the button but it still let 3rd party apps change frequencies. Just learning as I go. Thanks.
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Pardon my ignorance, but when is this needed?
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2020
    Options
    The idea is to be able to run apps that change the frequency without worrying about bumping the Maestro knob or the mouse wheel causing an accidental freq change.
    Len, KD0RC
  • Ross (KE4BCN)
    Ross (KE4BCN) Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi John, when using FT8 as example I have 3 monitors left one is for my digital programs JTDX, and Fldigi, my middle monitor runs smartsdr and my right one runs my logging software. I have noticed and probably my mistake that when I select a frequency like 14.074 and switching between monitors to check my log or change smartsdr settings or what ever I have had the frequency changed which makes me transmit off frequency if I don't catch it. Like I said I am new to Flex and I am learning just thought I would ask the question.
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Well, i'm learning to, and that explanation makes sense. thanks. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.