Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro: Two Bands at Once Display. Something wrong?

Pat_W5WTH
Pat_W5WTH Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in Maestro
This morning my Maestro display looked like the image below.  

Note that both Top (A) and Bottom (B) bandscopes are displaying the same spectrum.   Why aren't the tuning indicators shown in the Bottom scope?   And,,,,, every time I tried to change bands on VFO A or B the other VFO would mysteriously switch bands as well.   I power cycled the Maestro a few times and had the same issue.   

Strange, but a few hours later I turned it on and it is now "fixed".  I can tune two bands and the tuning indicators act as expected.

I've only had the rig a few days.   What am I doing wrong here?

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2020
    I think that you just need to put one of the slices on the other panadapter. For example, close slice B on the top panadapter, and add a slice to the bottom pan. Now changing bands on one will not affect the other. 73, Len, KD0RC
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

With ONE panadapter window open:
      1. touching blue "B" box on touch screen will open/close slice B
          on the same panadapter as slice A.
      2. Rx button - same as above.
      3. touching the ^ caret at the bottom of screen opens slice B on
          a second panadapter.

With TWO panadapter windows opened:
       1. touching blue 'B' box on touch screen will cycle thru slice B
           on top or bottom panadapters or off.
       2. Rx button - same as above.

The operation appears well thought out as long as the user takes the effort to understand the display logic.

BRs,
    k3Tim/7
  • Pat_W5WTH
    Pat_W5WTH Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Love this explanation.  Thx, Tim!
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Glad to help.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.