Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Win Win Win !!!

k3Tim
k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
The past several Windows 10 updates went without a hitch on two separate computers. The 6500 is set to monitor 2 to 3 channels of FT8 and the 4 channel for general use. It plan old works for weeks at a time flawlessly 24/7. 

Eric (recently) mentioned to wait a brief time after a Windows update to give the system a chance to setup. I think this is *very* good advice. (5 minute wait?)  

To test a Win 10 update without involving SSDR software one can bring up the sound panel and go to both the record and playback panels. If switching between these tabs does not cause a core dump, the Win update is probably okay. 

FT8 mode: The deep decode can be CPU intensive and with 3 channels open and turned loose at the same time, some CPUs may choke. I run normal decode at this station.

If having problems with FT8 decodes after nnn hours, suggest running a DPC latency check program.  I've observed the PC can pass the "Real Time" criteria and have zero issues with FT8 decodes.  With Chrome browser open with 5 windows and 40 tabs each, the DPCs fall out of RT support. Be that as it may this particular PC never seems to have DAX buffer issues.

_..--
k3Tim/7

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.