Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Use of TCP/IP For TX REQ Interlocks: Interlock ID Problem

Alan
Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I need help using the TCP/IP Interlocks from the Flex API.

I want to use the “in motion” relay from a SteppIR SDA-100 controller to “lockout” my Flex TX.

My preference is to use the Flex API Software “Ethernet Interlock” to provide the “TX REQ” inputs.  I prefer to use the API commands versus hardwire to the RCA jack.

I found the commands in the Flex API Wiki, but am having problems getting the correct “interlock ID” into the “interlock ready” and “interlock disable” commands.

First I issue the “interlock create” command:

CC21|interlock create type=ANT model=SDA100 serial=1234-5678 valid_antennas=ANT1

And I receive the response:

R0|50001000|

Next, I issue the “interlock ready” command:

C24|interlock ready 50001000

Then, and here is the problem, I receive the following response:

R24|5000008D|Invalid interlock ID

Help......apparently, I have the incorrect “interlock ID”, but I cannot figure out why?

Alan

WA9WUD

Answers

• Doug - K3TZR
    Doug - K3TZR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Alan,

I can't give you any details on how this should work but the 50001000 response to your initial command means SL_RESP_UNKNOWN, basically the radio didn't understand your command. My guess is that the format of your command is somehow incorrect.
  • Doug - K3TZR
    Doug - K3TZR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I have a utility program that I wrote for use on an Apple Mac. When I use it to send your command, I get the same result. I tried a few variations looking for some better result. I finally tried the example I found in the Flex API Wiki ("interlock create type=amp name=KZX-2500 serial=111-2500-111 valid_antennas=ANT1,ANT2")and that received a correct reply, "Rnnn|0|1" where nnn is the sequence number of the command I sent, the zero indicates the command was accepted without error and the one is the number of the interlock created.
    Attached is a picture of the commands I tried and their responses.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Doug

Thanks.   I tried the WIKI example as you suggest, but I think I got the same response as before.   

I will try again in xAPI Tester, but first, how do I stop the constant "scrolling" of everything the Flex Server is Sending out?  I just want to see the command and the response, like in. your screenshot.

Alan
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    And, the xAPI question;

I will try again in xAPI Tester, but first, how do I stop the constant "scrolling" of everything the Flex Server is Sending out?  I just want to see the command and the response, like in. your screenshot.
  • Doug - K3TZR
    Doug - K3TZR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I'm not sure I understand your question. In my case, no additional commands were being issued to the radio and therefore no replies were being received. It may be that you are seeing ping replies, there is a checkbox on xAPITester that when checked will ignore those. 

Also I'm using a version that I have not (yet) pushed to Github. Send me an email (it's on Githib (make sure you are on my new Github, https://github.com/K3TZR. I'll try to help.
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thanks to Doug for helping me get the correct syntax for the command.  

Alan
    WA9WUD
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Could you please document the correct syntax here Alan if it is relatively easy for you do to so? Thank you.
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.