Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CWX special characters

I just found out - first time I had a qso in swedish language that CWX does not support the swedish special chacters. Is there any way to "teach" it to the radio ?

Answers

• Mika Rintala
    Mika Rintala Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Same problem here. Should be very easy to implement. Just add ä,ö,å and you make all scandinavian flex users (both) happy :) You can find the ascii codes for those easily or send me the source code and I will add those.
  • Tore Andersson
    edited April 2020
    One very easy way to implement this is to make a table for characters outside z that allow to edit in smartsdr and then load it. Such a table must exist internally in the software anyway ? in order to translate each characters to dot and dashes some translation must occur. In this way you dont have to know the characters in flex. Much like the turf file
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    my guess is

maybe when winkeyer support character sets other than ASCII

need to remember that flex uses winkeyer command /character set

then
    cwx could be updated...
    till then
    my guess...it aint that 'easy'
    as that would break lotta third paty logging and contest and cw s/w
    that uses winkeyer standard

Paul K3SF

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    FRLogger has a CWX panel that transmits CW characters to the CWX interface in the Flex Radio API.  

I have not tried special characters but I have played around with sending strange stuff to the interface to see what happens and in most cases nothing happens.

I think the idea of some table is a good one.  Or perhaps even better an API that would allow for loading the CW table in from external apps like FRLogger and some of the other CW external apps.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.