Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLDIGI setup on a mac

Keith Mitchell
Keith Mitchell Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in Third-Party Software
After hours of online research, I finally found a post that let me successfully get FLDIGI working on the mac using DogparkSDR. I purchased Loopback, and installed the latest xDax and xCat apps. In Fldigi I initialized the Hamlib option selecting Hamlib net rigctl beta as my option. In the audio tab I selected the Loopback devices I created for transmit and receive. Has anyone developed a better  Hamlib option?   If anyone is traveling down this path, I would be glad to share screen shots of my setup, understanding that I am still struggling to make sense of all this.

Answers

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    hi Keith

I have 6600m and i have multiple mac minis

The way you have it setup now,  is the same setup i use...
    The turn on/off time to send the ptt is almost instant with this setup

i also use loopback and xdax/xcat

since i have M model,  i dont not have use dpsdr for all mac setup
    and
    i also use mldx from Don Agro for all my logging

i have tried flrig with radio set to TS2000
    but
    found the turn on/off for ptt was in the order of 2 to 3 seconds...
    NOT the best solution ;-(

Paul K3SF

• Keith Mitchell
    Keith Mitchell Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thanks, Paul, I using the Hamlib connection to the radio seems to make the transition from transmit mode to listen mode very quickly.  But I need to set up al the macros before I make some contacts. Had everything working on windows, but having fun getting it all working on the mac now.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.