Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT-X TX Audio wont reach DAX

Options
Joel Rubincam
Joel Rubincam Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in Third-Party Software
Problem seems to be the same as this post.
https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/wsjt-x-tx-signal-not-getting-to-dax

About a month ago this problem started.   The transmit audio from WSJT wont reach the DAX. 
It shows in the Volume mixer and the sound control panel.  

Running windows 10, flex 6400, SDR v3.1.8, WSJT-X v2.1.2  

I believe it to be a windows issue because i can log into the radio from another computer and it works fine.  
Any Ideas?image
Joel
NF3R

Comments

• Joel Rubincam
    Joel Rubincam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    picture of it transmitting. 

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    During transmit, do you observe the Dax Tx Audio  Reserved on the Sound Panel - Recording tab is also active?  
    Is DAX enabled in the P/CW sub-panel of the Radio Panel?

• Joel Rubincam
    Joel Rubincam Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Tim,      yes DAX is enabled.   and yes .   see pic
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Joel
    The record panel with multiple "DAX Reserved Audio TX" including some red flagged looks odd. Here only see one such device. 

It looks like DAX should be uninstalled and re-installed.  There is a procedure on the FlexRadio support pages. I would not un/install SSDR.
    Does this make sense?

k3Tim
  • Joel Rubincam
    Joel Rubincam Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Tim!   it worked!    ive uninstalled and reinstalled the package many times but this worked.  thank you!

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204017069-How-to-Manually-Re-Install-DAX-Drivers?_ga=2.185854761.1209389419.1586461098-1201491341.1586461098
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Excellent!  Glad you got it working.   Tim's write-up is very handy...

Keep an eye on 10m band, it's opening up....

BRs
    k3Tim/7

• Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I have a similar problem but DAX seems fine. RX is fine but no TX audio after running properly for a while. However restarting WSJT-X fixes it.
    Andrew VK5CV
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Thanks for the 10M tip!!!  Bagged PJ4DX on the first call!
    Len, KD0RC
  • Marek Kamiński
    Marek Kamiński Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    In my case (Smart SDR 1.12, Flex 6300) I lost all decodes of WSJT/X RX messages. They sounded right in a headset, the application showed them in the waterfall, but nothing got decoded. Reinstallation of DAX fixed the problem; thanks, Tim for the hint. Btw: the restart of Win 10 after reinstallation of DAX ended in the Windows BSOD (memory page error). The same error crops up if I run DAX as an administrator. There must be something not kosher in the code.

Thanks / 73 Marek sp5isz

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.