Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Font size or screen resolution? Some font cut off.

Options
Barry
Barry Member
Not sure what's changed but SmartSDR used to show everything so nicely. Lately I've noticed some of my font has been cut off. I can no longer tell which antenna I'm on. You can also see the frequency display just about the waterfall.

My screen resolution is set to the highest resolution possible (1920 X 1080) and my font size on Windows 10 is set to 100%.

Like I said, not sure why it's changed. A few. months back I went to 3 screens rather than 2 (for viewing area) but am pretty sure all was good when I went to 3 screens. Any ideas why this has happened and what I can try to fix it?

Answers

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    You may have lost the fonts used in SmartSDR. They are available for download here:
      https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/
    Select the last folder in the list: "SmartSDR SDR for Windows" (The repeated "SDR" is not my error -- that's how it appears in the list!).
    There are two fonts listed: Didact Gothic Font, and NapoliSerial Xlight Font. Download and install them. That might fix your problem.

• Ted KE7WRX
    Ted KE7WRX Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    This does indeed fix the problem as a follow up for anyone that runs into this problem, install both sets of fonts and restart SmartSDR
  • Walt Reinert
    Walt Reinert Member ✭✭
    Options
    Installed the Didact Gothic Font, and NapoliSerial Xlight Font but still have clipping
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Walt, have you re-booted your computer since doing the font install?

• Walt Reinert
    Walt Reinert Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes
  • wp4oxg
    wp4oxg Member ✭✭
    Options
    Will it happen on all of your screens?
  • Walt Reinert
    Walt Reinert Member ✭✭
    Options
    Clipping in selected section of Screen, checked window fonts and both are listed attached screen shot
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Walt, Have you by any chance, changed the Ease of Access settings for font size?

• wp4oxg
    wp4oxg Member ✭✭
    Options
    I mean if you move the SmartSDR window to another monitor does the problem also appear? Windows 10 has a font setting that can be different per monitor.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.