Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro and M model tip thread

Bob KC9RF
Bob KC9RF Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in Maestro
Maestro Tracking Noise Filter Tip
I was on the air yesterday with a ham using a 6400M talking about his frustration using TNF function. I have sent him the following via email and thought it also might be useful for other Maestro and M users.

Tracking noise filter

Whenever I use it on the maestro and is the same for the M version. If the offending signal is in the passband of where I'm tuned in I lock the VFO  I'm using with either A or B button.  Then with two fingers I Adjust total bandwidth of the slice to around 5-6k or less so my receiver bandpass is about 1/2 the screen or more. (see attached file) Then I  press and hold with my finger  the portion of the screen near the offending tuner upper. I can now use the Low/shift knob to adjust the frequency and the high/width to adjust bandwidth of TNF.  Try this a few times and  see if helps reduce the time and frustration to set up. By using this method I don't need to drag the TNF with my finger.  Hope this helps.

If there are other tips please reply so we can all benefit

Answers

• Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    Brian Denley KB1VBF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Bob:
    On the Maestro, I use the BW SELECT control to widen or narrow the TNF.  Or am I misunderstanding the problem?
  • Bob KC9RF
    Bob KC9RF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Yes you are correct it is bandwidth select I was just referring to what each knob does on bandwidth select. Maybe should have clarified.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.