Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6700 ANT Selection Problem

Harry W0LS
Harry W0LS Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Today when I fired up my Flex 6700 I encountered a strange problem. I have my antenna connected to the ANT 2 coax on the radio. My rx port and tx port are both set to ANT2. I noticed right away that the noise floor on rx was very low as if the ant was disconnected. I hit tune and swr was normal and power out was normal. I could hear signals but they were weak. After much fooling around I discovered that if I switched the tx port to ANT1 the noise floor/signal jumped up to a normal level. So with rx set to ant2 and tx set to ant1 rx was normal but of course I could not transmit. So then I connected the antenna to ANT1 and the same thing happened. With both rx and tx set to ANT1 rx gain was very low but transmit was ok. If I switched the tx to ANT2 the rx gain jumped up to normal levels but of course I could not transmit. So appears to me that I have some sort of relay problem in the radio. Has anyone else had a similiar problem? Any ideas of what could be wrong? I did remove power from the radio and rebooted it and the computer but that made no difference.

Thanks and 73,
Harry
W0LS

Comments

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    EXPORT YOUR PROFILES, (Name this and Save this to your desk top) then do a hard factory reset  check your antenna's and see if they are normal, THEN IMPORT YOUR PROFILES file and be sure to UNCHECK the "PREFERENCES" button in the IMPORT window, this should put as much as possible back the way you had it with the exception of the panadapter settings. 
    IF YOU DON'T uncheck the "Preferences" button it may reload the broken Antenna issue's
    If this doesn't fix your issue then you need to do a help desk ticket. 
    hope this helps 
    73's
    Bret 
    WX7Y
  • Harry W0LS
    Harry W0LS Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hi Bret...I followed the procedure you outlined but it did not fix the problem. After the factory reset I checked the ANT selections and saw the same problem. I then reloaded the profiles. So unfortunately this did not fix the problem....Thanks

Harry
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Just a thought
    what version are you running, you could try down grading to 2.4.9 if your on 2.6 or version 3 do the same hard reset as before and see if the problem still exists. 

Bret

• Harry W0LS
    Harry W0LS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Ok...Bret I will think about that..is there some sort of profile incompatibility when going back to 2.4.9? I am at 2.6.1. Have you seen this kind of problem discussed before?

Harry
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Yeah, that is why you want to do a hard reset before you down grade. I think you can re-import the profiles I would limit the profile imports to memories and mic profiles though.

Bret

• Harry W0LS
    Harry W0LS Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    What about my question.."have you seen this kind of problem discussed before?".....

Harry
  • Harry W0LS
    Harry W0LS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hey Bret...did some more searching and found a thread about someone who had the exact same problem as mine. A relay replacement was required to fix so I am guessing its the same story here. Thanks for the help...

Harry
    W0LS
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Did you have lightning in your area last night? Sounds to me like one of the ESD devices (Electro Static Discharge) took a hit from close by lightning. 
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Yep and with this virus thing going on from there announcement from the other day they will have you ship by appointment only so I would definitely do a help desk ticket very soon to get on the list Bret
  • Harry W0LS
    Harry W0LS Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    HI Larry...we did have some lightning but nothing with in say 10 miles and I had disconnected antennas so I do not think it was that.

Harry

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.