Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Zoom Window

KD0RC
KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
edited April 2020 in New Ideas
I would love to see a configurable spectrum zoom window that would show 5 KHz or so around the current slice freq and be sizable and perhaps dockable. A default of a couple inches wide by an inch high would be a good starting point.  This would allow more precise tuning, and would especially help the positioning of TNF notches.  It would be great to have it clickable like the main panadapter for tuning. Best solution would allow it to be spectrum, waterfall or both.  SDRPlay and other SDR software currently have this feature.

Another thing that would be nice is an addition to the floating window that shows cursor position frequency.  How about having it show dBm and signal strength (S0 - S9 +40) as well as frequency?

Thanks for your consideration.
Len, KD0RC
1 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Right-click on the spectrum display and select "Tune Guides". This puts a vertical line at the mouse and displays the frequency where it is positioned.
    You can zoom in and out on the spectrum display, enough to easily display fine details in the signals. Use the zoom controls in the bottom left corner of the display.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2020
    Yep, I get all that. I would like a pre-zoomed window surrounding the active slice that does not require playing with, so that notches, filter adjustments and fine tuning can happen very quickly.

I have the tune guides set, and I do see the freq, but I would also like to see the cursor dBm and sig strength.  I think this would be a relatively easy add to the functionality.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.