Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX delay on 6500 ?

Options
W5IEI
W5IEI Member
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
About 1/2 second delay on transmit and receive ?
Man, is this normal ?
Having a hard time wrapping my mind around it.
Turned off Mon and it helped,but.
Tied in directly from radio to computer via Cat 5.
Thanks,
Mike
W5IEI

Answers

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I've never seen this on either my 6500 or my 6600.  I typically run 30-35 WPM QSK in contests and have never had a problem, but maybe that's just me.
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Have you looked using Task Manager or other tool to see what the CPU and memory usage are?  Sounds like something else might be running and stealing cycles.
  • John W9KXQ
    John W9KXQ Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I was having the same problem with my 6500 Receive not recovering before the station I was working had already given my report (QSO Party)and moved on.  
    Flex suggested I save my profiles, and then do a factory reset.  I did as instructed and my delay is "normal" again.  I hope that this helps.  Check on line for how to do the factory reset.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.