Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

XVTR will not raise repeater

Jim
Jim Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

My Flex 6400 and Q5 2 meter transverter will not raise my local repeater.  Yes I have the correct repeater settings set up in the Flex. When I key the mic I have good power output, but I do not get tones back from the repeater. Any ideas? Ive attached screen shots of my current set up.
Thanks in advance Jim KC3KRZ

imageimage

Answers

• Brian Morgan VK7RR
    Brian Morgan VK7RR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Jim, Does your repeater need a subaudible tone? (CTCSS).  If it does, without it you won't key up your repeater as most require a tone on your transmit signal.
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I assume you are trying to hit the W3GV repeater image And your screen shot shows the correct Freq, Offset & direction, and it appears you have the correct tone (186.3). Can you hear activity on the repeater? Have you double-checked the feedline/2m antenna?
  • Jim
    Jim Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    actually I have 2 local repeaters that are linked..... the 146.610 and the 146.820, the later of which is only 2 miles from me. Both use identical settings. I can hear conversations on both repeaters, and I can actually talk on both repeaters, however with very poor reception reports..,.... almost like its not on frequency.
  • Walt Kenyon
    Walt Kenyon Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    This has happened to me as well.  I rebooted the Transverter, 6600 and the Maestro and then re-loaded my stored transverter profile.  Once I did that, it all worked correctly even though I could hear the repeater and people could hear me on reverse.  The PL was set correctly too.  Something was confused somewhere.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.