Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ZZRT RIT ON/OFF 6600M

Options
Conny
Conny Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Will sending the CAT command ZZRT1 and ZZRT0 to a 6600M toggle the VFO knob between frequency tuning and RIT?
When I do send this command nothing visible happens, like the LED switching to green.
But if inquire with ZZRT I can see the status changing between ZZRT1 and ZZRT0.

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2020
    Options
    What is the command syntax you are sending?
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    It looks like a Kenwood TS2000 command to me.

Alan
    WA9WUD
  • Conny
    Conny Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options

• Conny
    Conny Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    ZZRT;
    ZZRT1;
    ZZRT0;

• Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2020
    Options
    This is not a bug as I have recently learned.  On the M model radios, there is the concept of a "tune mode" which is a mode that the front panel knob is in.  This is either tune the frequency or tune X/RIT.

When you issue the ZZRT1; command to turn on RIT, you have actually enabled RIT mode in the radio.  This is confirmed by issuing the ZZRT; command and getting the ZZRT1; response. 

What you have not done change the tune mode of the M model radio and because of this the RIT indicator light will not be illuminated and tuning the VFO knob will not change the RIT frequency.

What you can, however, do via a CAT command is to set the RIT offset using the ZZRG; command.  When you first enable RIT using the ZZRT1 command, the RIT offset is 0 Hz. The front panel panadapter display will not visually indicate that RIT is enabled if the offset is 0 Hz.  As soon as you change the RIT frequency using the ZZRGxxxxxx; command, you will see the visual indication of RIT on the panadapter.

Use ZZRC; to clear the RIT offset.

XIT has an analogous set of CAT commands that do the same thing.

We plan to update the CAT manual to better explain this behavior and the dependencies when using ZZRT and ZZXG CAT commands.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.