Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Newbie question

Options
Jim
Jim Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in Third-Party Software
Com ports question......... I’m running a Flex 6400. I have log4om set up and running fine. I want log4om to run anytime the Flex is running. Sometimes I want to use WSJT-X and sometimes I want to run FLDIGI. Do all these third party applications require their own individual com port even though they won’t be running at the same time? Thanks in advance, 73’s. KC3KRZ

Answers

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Two running apps can not share a com port. So you can either come up with a complicated system to enforce the various combinations or you can create a unique virtual com port for every application.

The latter is far simpler and has to be done once.

73, K8RC
  • Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    So you just define more virtual SmartSDR CAT ports for each slice, you can have a bunch for each slice and can dedicated each port to a different ap. SmartSDR CAT will then show you which ap is using which virtual port.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.