Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Add option to display system data at the bottom of the SSDR panel

Pat N6PAT
Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Add a toggle button to the right of FDX to display system environment information such as input voltage and temperature along the bottom of the main SSDR panel.

Right now I use DDUtil to check those parameters which works fine but that adds just one more third party application that's using additional computer resources and displays one more window to clutter up the screen.

3 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Yes. The information is there why not display it in SSDR.  I have always thought that it is funny that one has to use utility software to display the data.

Gayle K0FLY
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I thought this was one of those little things that would have been added from the beginning of the development of SSDR. I think this has come up before. But to me it's not so important, just handy.
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    You might try the SDRMonitor which is a small panel with voltage and temp.
    It can be found on the K9DUR or FRS web site under "Plays well with the Flex".

Tom W3FRG
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Tom, that's a good idea but I would prefer to not use a third party app to access the data that exists in the 6700. It should be readily available for display within SSDR.

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Hi Pat,
    The same idea was submitted 6 years ago and marked as "under consideration."   Here is the link if you want to add a vote....

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/voltage_temp_and_current

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 Win10 SSDR V2.4.9

• Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Well, it's only been 6 years so I guess they're still thinking about it.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    You already said that you use DDUtil to check those parameters.
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Yes, and I also said I would prefer to not use yet another third party application that adds to the screen clutter and uses additional computer resources.

Why do we have to go outside SSDR to display the information that's in SSDR/radio?

That's like using an outside service to tell me what the temperature in my house is when I have an indoor thermometer
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    It would also be nice to see system logging information for troubleshooting purposes.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I guess that closes the subject then, maybe we will have it and maybe we will never see it.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I like FRstack it displays it well because you have a transparent option, you can move it anywhere on top of SmartSDR.I place mine on the right of the top of the panadapter.

• Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Yes, you can move Stacks around but I don't see an option to anchor Stacks to the SSDR panel. 

If you move SSDR around (I do a lot) then Stacks is out of position and when that happens and transparent is used you end up with a  "floating" display on your desktop.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    FRstack has one click to turn on/off that meter display. Colors are coordinated and works great for my station, I don't move mine at all. Well Pat either use FRstack or not, just saying works for me.
    Why would you be moving SSDR around alot, that would be too confusing for me. I unlock a panadapter or few to be displayed on other monitors sometimes but the main SSDR pretty much stays, if I do move it to another monitor to my neck a break, I simply drag the FRstack meter window right with it. Easy peasy.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Boy, I should proof read a bit more, sorry.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I would lots rather see FLEX working on the performance, new innovations and bug fix's in SmartSDR and let the guys who like to write API's do stuff like this, Nice to know that information but really how often do you really need it and what does it do to help the performance of the Radio. 

Bret
    WX7Y

• Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I move SSDR around because I'm using only 1 display at the moment and I have other things to do while I monitor the radio.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.