Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 5K Audio With NoMachine Remote Software ??

Mike
Mike Member ✭✭
I find myself in a position where I will be unable to get to my operating position and will have to remote in for a few weeks (on my local WiFi network). The rig is the 5K and I am using NoMachine software for remote access. Visually and functionally, it seems to work fine. However, I am wondering how I should handle the speaker audio. I am nervous about just shotgunning the issue as that seems to lead me down a rabbit hole for longer and longer times each time I try that approach (ain't getting old grand !!). Normally I use headphones plugged directly into the 5K so outboard (and remote) audio is new to me. I am completely unsure as to what settings should be made on whichever end (rig or remote) of the circuit. Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike / W8DN

Answers

• JohnK2CIB
    JohnK2CIB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I have NOT done it with the 5000, but I think that I would create virtual audio cables to connect the 5000's input and output to a skype account set up for this purpose.  I did this years ago with my TS-590S and it worked OK.
  • Mike
    Mike Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Got it. Using VAC2, Input PC, Primary Sound Capture Drive.
    Output PC Play, Speakers/Headphones

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.