Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote control of Flex5000A over the internet

I have just been given a like new Flex5000A with all cables,etc. I would like to set this up to operate remotely over the web.  Is there a FAQ's or guide to explain how to set this up? I am proficient in Microsoft networking.   

Answers

• K1VL
    K1VL Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I used to use my 5000 remotely using TeamViewer but moved to MIcrosoft RDP due to licensing issues that I had with TeamViewer. TeamViewer kept claiming I was using their software for commercial purposes and kept abruptly terminating my session which was, of course, not the case with HamRadio. Anyway your choice of remote operation will depend on your choice of connectivity. I had great success using both on demand and site to site VPN’s. I found L2TP over IPEC easy to use as it was layer 2 rather than layer 3. There is good info at https://ke9ns.com/flexpage.html#rdp Carmine, W1EQX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.