Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW keying Stutter

Options
John K0TG
John K0TG Member ✭✭
I have a 6600M running v3.1.8.  Lately when operating CW I have heard the CW keying stutter.  What happens is, I will hear the characters come out wrong for a short period.  The time length is maybe 2 letters long at the most, then it recovers.  I don't think this is going out over the air that way.  As other stations seem to be able to copy me just fine.  I am hearing this in the sidetone.

This has happened with the shack PC and a laptop PC as well.

Looking thru the site, I do not see any other reports such as this.  Any thoughts out there?

73, John  K0TG

Answers

• Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hi John, does this also happen if you use MOX to turn on PTT before sending CW? Listen on remote SDR if it is heard over the air. There are lots of Kiwi SDRs you can listen to.
    73 Kari
  • Pat KØPC
    Pat KØPC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    John,
    I'm hearing the same thing you are. I was going to move back to previous software versions to see if it goes away. Did you recently upgrade to 3.1.8? What version were you using before?
    73, Pat KØPC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.