Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Add a 2M transverter to my FLEX 6400

Al Reeves
Al Reeves Member ✭✭
I would like to add a 2M transverter to my 6400.  Any recommendations as to which ones are compatible with my 6400.  What installation and operation with SmartSDR issues might I expect?  Are there any videos or documents about adding a transverter?  I'm running Ver 2 SmartSDR.

Answers

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    A quick search on this site for  2M transverter returns over 9000 hits.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
  • Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I love the Elecraft Transverters. I have built many for customers. The only one that I would use.

Andy... W3LI
  • SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited December 2019

Elecraft 2m-xverters do not cover entire band and have an abysmal duty cycle. I sold mine and switched to the Q5 transverter.
  • Rich Barker
    Rich Barker Member
    edited January 2020
    I have one of the ukraien  transverters on my 6400m and it works great..  fallow there instructions it is easy and quick , gives me all modes on 2 meters and i use a rm 80 watt and three watts in workes great 
  • Bob KC9RF
    Bob KC9RF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Look at transverters-store.com The assembled 2m transverter is $70 shipped. I have been using for about 2 months. Also I use a small 30 watt amp. Use just 2-3 watts to keep the IMD down. There is also a you tube video from a flex member about setup. Just search for transverters on the community to find.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    My video link above is using a product from the transverter store. It shows how to connect and set it up in SSDR
  • Zabonz
    Zabonz Member
    Are there any 2 meter (or other) transverters for Flex 6000 series radios besides The Ukrainian transverters. Seems with all that is gone on over there makes it difficult to get one.
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

Q5–quality build and excellent service.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.