Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SB45 headset with 6400 and/or Maestro

Pekka, OH2TA
Pekka, OH2TA Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in Maestro
When connecting a new SB45 headset to 6400 and/or Maestro, how to connect the mic cable?

Answers

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Pekka, This has been covered here previously....  You do not want the USB version you desire the Version with separate 3.5mm plugs one for the cans and one for the mic...  On the Maestro it is a direct plug in. Sounds like almost a perfect, reasonably priced setup. Let us know how they sound working DX etc.  Erika DD
  • Pekka, OH2TA
    Pekka, OH2TA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hi Erika, yes thanks that is the model I just got. I only have my radio and Maestro on my remote site where I plan to visit next weekend, just preparing to make some adapter before hand if any needed, but as per your reply, there seems to be no need, just plug and play. Should this also work directly with SDR on PC? Reading previous posts I had the understanding that the MIC connection in Flex is not a "standard" PC connection, that's why asking how people have done the connection.
  • Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Sorry I was out all day Pekka,  Oh yes that should plug nicely into the PC also if you need to...  I don't like using PC audio unless I absolutely had to...  OH when you plug the headset into the 6400 direct you need a box built up to deal with voltages...  That's in one of the other threads SB45 threads the one ending with TIM's post.

Remember to message or post and let us know how the radio sounds with the headset.  Erika DD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.