Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

using cellphone data for smart link connection to Flex

Howard AE3T
Howard AE3T Member
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have no problem connecting to my Flex 6400 from a remote network using WiFi and Smart Link, or by using my Iphone as a hot spot and using its WiFi bridge connection to my Ipad.

What I can not do successfully, is a connection from my Iphone using the cell phone data to directly connect to the radio. I was able to do this some time back but no longer. I have tested this out when I have very good cell coverage and no success. I don't plan on doing this very often, I do have an unlimited data plan to support this.

Answers

• Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Howard, This is only a shot in the dark as your description of the problem is quite brief. There are so many possible causes for this. In "Extended Settings" switch the "Force Network MTU" to on and set "MTU" to 1200. If your iPad is set to this and your iPhone is not, it might cause this difference in operation between the two. MTU is "Maximum Transmission Unit". It limits the packet size. The default is probably 1500 and this is often to large for some network elements in the path to your radio. Best regards
  • Howard AE3T
    Howard AE3T Member
    edited December 2019
    Bob,

Where can I find the extended settings? I do not see them anywhere within my Iphone settings.
  • Howard AE3T
    Howard AE3T Member
    edited December 2019
    I have the solution from Smart SDR for IOS from the author Marcus. I just had to enable the IPv6 option on the program menu. I don't understand what this did, but it now works great over the cell data connection
  • Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Its a menu item in blue about half way down the settings page at the end of the "General" section.
  • Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Great!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.