Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Chirp Sound heard on CW Sidetone after Delay Times Out

Options
Jeffk
Jeffk Member
Normal CW sidetone operation until delay completes then chirp sound as radio returns to  receive mode.  Only ocuurs when using either of my external amplifilers (Alpha 9500 or Expert 1.3K-FA).  Using Flex 6600 running Ver. 3.1.8 software.  This is something new.  Radio delivered in March 2018.  Transmission monitored on separate transceiver was normal on the air signal. 

Jeff - K4JAB 

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    If it ONLY occurs when you have the AMP's on then I would bet you have RF getting into something, time for more Fer-rite beads on your on your cables and keyer leads if your running a external keyer.
    I really don't think it can be the radio if it doesn't do it with the AMPs off or in standby.

Good luck finding the source.
    Bret

• Jeffk
    Jeffk Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Thanks for confirming my suspicions.  I plan to pursue. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.