Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Simple Single Radio Setup/Config for 2.6.1

Bill Roberts
Bill Roberts Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I soon hope to return to HF with my Flex 6600 and SSDR 2.6.1.  When I was last active (July, 2019 with 2.4.9), it was a simple matter of clicking the SSDR icon and playing radio. I had also configured CAT to work with Woodbox S-Meter and HRD.  NOW...  there's all sorts of setups for multi-op/multi-user operation.  Right now, I have about 2 hours a week to read manuals and figure things out.  QUESTION - can someone give a basic tutorial on how to get sound out of the radio and audio in through the rear panel mic jack?

General suggestion...  when you're going to add functionality, perhaps the defaults could be set to accommodate basic users and allow people with the time and the need to implement/use the "latest and the greatest".  Thanks and 73.

Answers

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Plug in your microphone, and plug in your amplified speakers in the rear or headphones in the front and you're on ssb. Plug in your key and you're on cw. Use dax and cat to interface loggers, data programs, etc. You don't need to start and config those unless needed. You dont even need to log into smartlink. Just select your radio Configuration is in layers depending on what you'll be doing. In my case I plug a mic in, key in, my headphones, a foot switch in rear and config ssdr.... however I auto start dax and cat and they interface wsjtx and hrd logger, DDUtil as my network server. Just do a quick start of ssdr and it works.. enjoy. Erika DD
  • Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I'm not certain what is going on here Bill. I'm on 3.XX at the moment, and with every update I just use it like before. My setup is similar to yours plus I have a Maestro - but mostly I'm an SSDR person. Have you tried resetting the radio? Something seems odd if it's making you jump through hoops.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    you can also still just run 2.49 it runs fine on your radio these days and many have reverted back to 2.49 because of some weird bugs that people didn't like so they keeped 2.49 and just have to deal with the CAT driver issues with 2.49 when windows does updates. 
    As Erika and Michael post above stated just use the features you need if you do update. 
    My self I have problems running the 3.1.8 DAX drivers on one of my computers but have a work around at least for now until they (Flex DAX and Microsoft) get the slight driver compatibility issue fixed. 
    Bret

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.