Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice Flag issue when using LSB.

Glenn Depp
Glenn Depp Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
The Slice info covers a large part of the upper portion or peak park of the slice when in LSB.  USB the slice info is off to the left which makes it out of the way, only LSB sits directly on the slice.  Can this be made to switch to the other side to allow slice to be viewed?

Answers

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    You can click on the slice letter(A,B, etc.) and have the flag disappear. Maybe that will help some.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    There should not be any info that close to the bottom of the flag anyways. I don't understand what it is blocking from sight.
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Well, yes the slice flag is always to the left of the carrier line, unless the flag gets too close to the left edge, then it moves to the right of the carrier. So, if you want to move the flag to right of the carrier, slide the panadapter to the left until the flag changes sides.

To Bill's point, the up and down arrows in the upper right control the scale of the panadapter, so clicking on the up arrow "compresses" the scale to make the peaks lower. Also, using the mouse to slide the scale down will lower the position of the peaks. 
  • Glenn Depp
    Glenn Depp Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Yes I am aware I could simply make the entire flag disappear that is not really what I am wanting as I also want the ability to quickly change between 4 slices and be able to mute the sound from those not active.  I normally have in use 4 slices and at times need to be able to switch between them quickly which requires the flag to be visible.  I recon I will try this out.  I have 1 monitor dedicated to the SDR, the CAT and DAX are minimized.  I also have 8 other windows up displayed as well in their little sections so I can see the activity going on with them as well.  This makes the SDR software display on the bottom 50% of the screen, so I have 2 slices on top and 2 on bottom.  This thin section for each slice is my issue but sounds like it is how it is.  I will work with it.  I normally only use USB anyway.  Only amateur use is LSB on the lower bands.  Thanks gents...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.