Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX Req Jack - 6600

Options
B Moran
B Moran Member
edited November 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm trying to understand how the TX Req RCA connector works. In my 6600's radio settings menu in SmartSDR, I set the TX Req to Active Low; I then ground the center pin (which would make it active low), and I'd expect that I'd not be able to transmit in SmartSDR. But, I still can when I press the MOX button (USB mode).

How can I see the interaction between SmartSDR and the TX Req input in any kind of UI?  On a whim, I changed to Active HIGH. Same thing; can always transmit using the MOX. 

I searched the forum for how the locks work, and there's a link to an example of two radios being interlocked, however that link is no longer good as the manual has since changed.

Can anyone point to more (current) information in this regard?

thanks,
Brian N9ADG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.