Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using Dogpark SDR and Maestro

K9SO
K9SO Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in Maestro
I ran across a fellow on the local repeater who had just purchased a new 6400 and a new Maestro. He was trying to run these together with a MAC program called DogparkSDR and not having much success.

He's been running Dogpark and wanted the Maestro to reflect all of the changes but he's getting very intermittent results.

He was just on the verge of returning everything to Flex when I jumped in offering to help him out.

I know that the Maestro can work along side SmartSDR in versions v.3.x and higher, but I wonder if he isn't pushing a rope here with this MAC program and this isn't even possible. 

Does anyone have experience with the combination that I might tell him what he might expect with this combination.

Fred
K9SO

Answers

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    hi

i think currently dpsdr does NOT support this feature of 3.1.x

https://dogparksoftware.com/dogparkSDR.html

from the website

i quote
    The current release is limited to a maximum of 4 Pandapters and 4 Slice receivers. It has been tested with SSDR v2.4.9, v2.5.1, & v3.0.27.

so what your friend wants to do may not possible at this time

if he has purchase DPSDR, he can always contact Don directly.
    Don is quick to respond to most any user issues....

I believe Don's email is
    dagro@dogparksoftware.com

Paul K3SF

i am a long time Mac user
    and
    an avid supporter of Mac Ham Related software developers

• K9SO
    K9SO Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Thanks Paul.

Yes, Don at dpsdr confirmed that he does doesn't support it (yet). I got my new buddy up and running fine using only Dogpark to control his 6400 or when only using his Maestro. As a new user, he was thinking that Dogpark would talk to the Maestro, but that's clearly not the case: only one rig control program at a time!

I spent 4 hours on the phone with him yesterday and I even got him up and running on Smartlink.

I think we have a new convert to the Flex family now. Instead of wanting to return his brand new 6400 and Maestro as he did, he's selling his other rigs on line now.

73 and thanks again for the reply,

Fred
    K9SO
  • David - KO1C
    David - KO1C Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I too run a MAC and Dog Park's products.

I want to make sure I understand .. If I get a Maestro, can I still use just it (without involving Dog Park software) with my 6500??

In other words, I want to make sure I can use the Maestro with my 6500, no PC involved?

David AB1XG

• K9SO
    K9SO Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Yes. The Maestro will always be able to control your radio. But if you turn on Dogpark and it tries to ALSO control your radio at the same time, things go bad as the two programs will fight each other:

Dogpark running by itself on your MAC works fine.
    Maestro running by itself without any PC works fine
    v3.x SmartSDR (Windows) is able to work along side the Maestro and the Maestro can act as a "control head" for a PC running SmartSDR, but Dogpark does not support this dual access mode (...yet).

Fred
    K9SO
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    the simple answer is YES....

the complex answer is YES
    first because there is no need to run DPSDR
    and
    to add more fun, you can run either with your 6500
    and
    if you run ssdr v3.x on 6500 you can have even more fun
    by running both at the same time
    BUT
    they wont track each other... YET....

in other words..yep.....still FLEXible

Paul K3SF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.