Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Why Does My Flex 6600M All of a Sudden Think it is a Maesto?

Al Dewey
Al Dewey Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I had some external power supply problems today.  My Astron Power Supply would shut down when I increased the 6600m output to about 30 watts which, of course, shut down the 6600M also.  During one of the restarts, I got a message on my 6600M saying that the Flex did not shut down properly.  I replaced the Astron Power Supply and all seems to work fine now at full power but, for some reason, my 6600M is identifying itself as a Maesto instead of a Flex 6600M.  The word "Maesto" shows up in the 6600M front panel under MENU.  When I connect to "Maesto" with CAT, all seems to work fine with CAT.  However, it is unsettling that my 6600M thinks it is a Maesto.  

By the way, I do not have (or have ever had) a Maesto.  How can I change the name of my 6600M back to what it really is?   The 6600M will not let me change the Station Name on the "Front Panel" screen.

Al, K0AD

Comments

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I think a FULL Rest should return everything back to normal..
  • Al Dewey
    Al Dewey Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Yes, I expect it will but thought I would see if there is an easier fix before doing a full reset.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    A factory reset is very easy and only takes a few moments..save your profiles though.
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Seems there are a lot of gender changes anymore HI HI
  • K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I had various 6400M problems when using my Astron supply with the Flex.  Changed to a switching supply and all problems went away.
  • Al Dewey
    Al Dewey Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I replaced my Astron with a little Alinco DM-330MV  switching supply which is working great.  As for the original problem, I did do a factory reset and my 6600M still identified itself as a Maestro.  However, after the reset, I was able to Front Panel display and change the station name back to FLEX-6600M.  I was not able to do that for the reset. As for the bad Astron supply, I listed it on our local reflector for free saying that it was bad and all kind of people jumped all over it even wanting to pay me for it.
  • Dwayne_AB6A
    Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Astron support is awesome - Call them. I was using a 30A version of their linear power supply and upgraded to a 50A with all my additional 12V needs. 30A was working fine - Just ran a little warm.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.