Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW Skimmer

N2TTA
N2TTA Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hello
im trying setup CWskimmer, but signal did not decoding
any idea?

Yuri N2TTA

Answers

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Yuri - I have a 6600 and use the Slicemaster program, I have never had CWSkimmer work so well for me - Slicemaster does all the interface setup for you. It's available at https://github.com/K1DBO/slice-master-6000. Has a very good help file for installing.

73 Paul w2eck
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited October 2019
    Me too.. SliceMaster works like a charm and even a know nothing like me had it working first time easy
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    The signals in the passband of Skimmer are NOT CW signals. They appear to be FT8. Tune the radio so that CW signals appear in the Skimmer window and it will likely work.

• N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Paul,

i though Slicemaster help connect slice with third party programs. But if i connect one slice directly to skimmer, signal should decode anyways 
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Graig, it is CW. when switch Signal I/O device to DAX audio RX1 it decoding some signal in narrow bandwidth 
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I agree with Craig above. I briefly tried CWskimmer and found that the frequency it reported was not accurate and it bounced all over the place. I never did find a solution except for when I used slicemaster to open it. After that all went well.

• N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    will try tonight again, thank you!
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Restart PC, and all works. Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.