Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transmitting with Smart Control?

W5AP
W5AP Member
edited June 2020 in Third-Party Software
Does anyone know how to transmit from or listen to audio from a Maestro which is controlling a 6600m while in Smart Control?   The reason for staying in Smart Control remotely over the WAN it so that other devices such as SteppIR, Antenna control, Antenna genius, etc and be accomplished from the rig.  Presently I have to set up everything using Smart Control then switch to normal SmartLink, select the radio, connect, and Run to get to a "normal display" to transmit/receive (but the devices connected to the remote rig will not follow freq changes, or change profiles, etc.) Using Maestro SW Version 3.1.8.71 and Radio HW Version 3.8.145

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Currently Smart Control mode only uses audio to & from the PC or radio. Not the Maestro. The Maestro is used for control only when in Smart Control mode.

Dave wo2x

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    SmartControl is a control interface for SSDR-W or an equivalent M series radio at this time.  Its quite useful as is, but this enhancement has been requested by several

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I just used SmartControl with my Maestro for the first time today messing around with CQWW SSB and I have to say...

WOW!!!!!!!!
    That was the greatest radio experience I've had in years!
    Fun, fun, fun....
    This is exactly what I had hoped it would be!
    Also got my SPE 2K-FA going fully automatic too.
    Excellent combo!!!

Thank you FRS,
    Clay N9IO
  • Jim
    Jim Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    For the CQ WW SSB this weekend I attempted to use the MAESTRO in conjunction with the FLEX 6600M that has the 6600M Control Panel.  

With the MAESTRO operating with Two Slices and the Spectrum Display, the 6600M was disconnected and used in the Smart Control mode. The 6600M VFOs A and B were slaved to the Maestro VFOs A and B.

The MAESTRO was configured with the Heil headset / boom mike connected to the MAESTRO 1/8 inch MIc-2 connector and the Headset audio.

After saving the Global profile, SO2R-TX1 and TX-2 Transmit profiles, and the MIC profile, I was never able to be able to save the MIC-2 input......................The MAESTRO always changed from MIC-2 to MIC-1..............Therefore, I was never able to get PTT Or VOX audio to transmit with the MIC-2 input.......................No matter how many times the profile was saved, the MAESTRO always switched to MIC-1 after changing between VFO A and B...............

Any suggestions? ...............Lots of manhours expended trying to use the MAESTRO as the main contest control panel as a SSB Client node connected to the 6600M as the radio...........                                                                                                               

Regards,

Jim
    K4PV                                                             

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.